As is well known, the new General Data Protection Regulation is applicable since 25 May 2018 in all Member States of the European Union.
At SUDDENLY – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda, we value and attach the utmost importance to the trust you place in us and we guarantee that your personal data is safe and is processed with total privacy.
Privacy, confidentiality and transparency are three key elements in the relationship of trust that we establish with our customers.
SUDDENLY Lda provides an online platform for searching and booking accommodation for short term holidays.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data
SUDDENLY Lda, with headquarters at Avenida da Liberdade 46, in Serra D’El Rei – Portugal, is responsible for the collection of your personal data. Our website address is www.suddenly.pt.
How we collect your personal data
Personal data is collected via online form and/or structured form and in comments posted by you.
For what purposes and on what grounds your personal data may be used
- Process the transactions that the user makes in the scope of a property reservation
- Submit confirmations regarding the reservation made
- Verify your identity for fraud prevention purposes
- Manage the account including payment processing
- Communicate with the user in case there is any change to the reservation made or respond to any request for clarification
- Evaluate our services and site features in order to improve them
- Notify the user of any campaigns, offers, coupons or products and services related to possible property reservations. These communications may be sent via e-mail and/or advertisements on social networks
- Share comments submitted on our website and/or social networks
- Protecting rights as a service provider, e.g. intellectual property rights
- Apply our Terms and Conditions
- Any other purpose indicated to the user on the collection pen.
What personal information may be collected
In general terms, the personal information we may collect falls into the following categories:
- Contact forms / information / availability
You will have to give us your name, email contact, telephone contact
- Make a reservation
In this sense we will request the following personal data in a duly structured form: Full name, Postal Address, Tax Identification Number, E-mail, Telephone Contact.
The following personal data of all members who are part of the group will also be required, so you must obtain their consent before giving us their information: Full name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Nationality, Place of Residence, Country of Residence, Identification Number, Type of Identification Document.
These data are collected in order to face the obligation by law on the part of the operator of complementary means to the tourist accommodation, for consideration, the communication of accommodation to foreign citizens.
- Online payment by credit card
If you choose to pay online by credit card, you will be asked for your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date
How long we keep your personal data
If you leave a comment on the site, the comment and metadata are saved indefinitely so that you can automatically recognize and approve any subsequent comments instead of queuing them in moderation.
The data collected when a reservation is made will be saved for three years.
If you leave a comment on our site you can choose to save your name, email address and site in cookies. This is for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies remain on the site for one year.
If you edit or post an article, a cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie does not include personal data but only indicates the content ID of the article you have edited. It expires after one day.
How we keep your personal data safe
We want you to feel confident when using our Online Services to make your reservations and we are committed to protecting the information you provide. While no online service can guarantee absolute security, we have implemented technical and organizational measures to protect confidential personal information between your system and ours, using a firewall and intrusion detection system to help prevent unauthorized persons from having access to your data
Who we can share your personal data with and how we keep it safe
Your personal data will be shared by SUDDENLY Lda, only in the event of a reservation being made, with any law enforcement authority, regulatory body or government agency, court or other competent entity and tax authorities, under any law or regulation applicable to Local Accommodation in Portugal. The personal data required for these purposes are the following:
Full Name / Date of Birth / Place of Birth / Nationality / Place of Residence / Country of Residence / Identification Document Number / Type of Identification Document / Postal Address / Tax Identification Number
How you can change or withdraw your consent
Whenever you wish to change and/or request the deletion of your personal data, please contact us via email provided on this page.
Your data protection rights
If you reside in the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request the deletion of your personal data, you may do so at any time by contacting us via email provided in the “Contacts” section
- If you request access to your personal data, we will confirm that we have your information and provide you with a copy, explaining how we process that information and the reasons for doing so, the period of time for which we store the information and your rights associated with it.
- If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will do so, bearing in mind that we must retain all information necessary to comply with legal obligations or to take, exercise or defend legal action
- You may object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request its portability. We remind you that you can exercise these rights by contacting us via email, available at the “Contacts” section
The right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your personal data or with our response after exercising any of these rights, you have the right to complain to your supervisory authority (Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados – CNPD | Rua de São Bento, nº 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisboa | Tel: 351 213928400 | Fax: +351 213976832 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information, contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain European countries (including the USA and Canada) are available here.
Please contact us for more information
SUDDENLY Lda with headquarters at Avenida da Liberdade nº 46, 2525-801 Serra D’El Rei | Tlm: 00351 963 157 304 | Telephone: 00351 262 087 119 | email@example.com